One of my younger brothers, Phil, got married in Edwardsburg on Saturday. We packed the
Friday night, we stayed at a hotel down in Edwardsburg. Let me just give you a little
We got back to the hotel around 7:30pm. I decided to go to take the boys to the pool while Ken put Natalie to "sleep". Got to the pool around 8. Very nice pool, I might add. They had both an indoor and outdoor pool...we opted to stay inside. Swam and swam for about 45 minutes or so. My brother-in-law asked if I could watch my niece for a moment while he took her older sister to the bathroom..."absolutely" I said. Kaiden, at the very moment BIL left with niece, came and said he had to use the bathroom, like NOW! I informed him that he would have to wait until BIL came back with niece, as I was currently watching other niece. He then proceeded to
BIL came back...I told Kaiden that I could take him. "I don't have to go, mom". WHAT?!?! Do you not remember the "crazy man" dance you just performed? I asked him if he went in the water, he said "no, I just don't have to go anymore". I really wanted to push him into the pool at that point, but held back my urge and instead chatted about how "we need to tell the truth at ALL times" and not throw fits about silly little things like that. Tragedy overted...or so I thought. During this conversation with Kaiden, Conner is prancing around doing the "I have to go to the bathroom SO bad it may come out my ears anytime" dance. So after giving Kaiden the third degree, I ask Conner what he needs (after about 5 minutes of his dancing)...he said he had to go "yuckies"...4 year old terms for poo. I then take him to the bathroom, help him take his shorts down and proceed to
We finally make it back to our room to find Natalie...wide awake. Augh. Shower up the boys and get them in bed. Get Natalie in bed. Wake up with Natalie at 1...walk the halls with Natalie for 45 minutes because she wants to "play". Get Natalie back to sleep at 2:30. Everyone was up by 7. It was a long night, to say the very least. Very glad to be home in our own beds.
So there in a nutshell, a very long nutshell was our weekend. We had a lovely time with family at our house yesterday to celebrate Father's Day. I know the most wonderful group of daddies! I hope you all got a chance to visit with some wonderful dads and remember the wonderful memories of dads in your lives that are no longer with you.
Pictures of our weekend to come later...Enjoy the week ahead!



1 comment:
What do ya' do with a big pile of poo?!? Just laugh! :) Cute, what great memories.
Post a Comment