Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rainy Day Picnic

After temps in the mid 90's last week, we had quite a reprieve today. Our high's were in the mid 60's...yes, tomorrow is July. Crazy Michigan weather...I tell ya!
So we got out our beach blanket and had an impromptu picnic at lunchtime...watched "Chicken Little", ate pb&j, and I even gave them pop! What a treat! Yes, I know, TV...junk food...I HAVE gone off the deep end as a mother...and no I don't regret it one bit! I had a milli-second of "mommy-guilt", that was it.
What I really felt guilty about was fencing off my poor baby girl so she couldn't get a hold of the picnic food. Conner got a new set of lefty golf clubs last night, and that box came in quite handy, if I do say so myself. She's an official fast crawler, now...and getting faster every day. Eeek! I'm not ready...

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

Any mother would do the same! :) Way to be creative, gotta love those indoor picnic's.