Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Eagle Has Landed...

The coolest thing happened the other day. The boys were playing outside on the deck, Natalie was sleeping, and I was doing dishes, laundry, mopping, baking, making dinner probably none of the above...and all of a sudden I heard the loudest noise. It was almost like a helicopter was landing on my house. Almost.
As you can clearly see from the pictures, the helicopter was landing pretty much in my backyard. I called to the boys, who were oblivious to the fact that we were being overtaken by a ginormous helicopter, and we climbed the little hill in back to see where it landed.
Eventually, it took off, circled and landed again in the same spot.

Finally it took off for good.




The whole time I was secretly cursing the helicopter that decided to use my daughter's naptime as a perfect time to fly, land and fly again over the top of my house.

But, alas...she slept through it all, and anyway...how often does a helicopter land in your backyard?!? I decided to focus on the positives. It was a very cool experience for all involved (on the ground, at least). And I still have NO idea what it was doing there...

No comments: