Monday, June 15, 2009
Off we go, into the wild, blue yonder...
So, some of you are aware that we were blessed to be able to take a little adventure into the "wild blue yonder" on Saturday. If you hadn't heard, let me explain. Our Sunday School teacher at church has been a pilot for many, many years. He has had this plane for about 10 years, now. Last week he had offered to take the families in our class up for a little jaunt through the sky, and so we decided to take him up on his kind offer...me, through gritted teeth and white knuckled readiness...
So on Saturday, we met him at Sparta Airport, where he keeps his plane, and decided to throw caution to the wind and become airborne with the boys...Grandpa and grandma took Natalie for a little while.
The plane was beautiful! It sat 6 people, and was in VERY good condition (of course I checked these things out before I boarded. I don't just hop on any plane and trust someone with the lives of most of my family...well, maybe I do.) In any case, it looked like it wouldn't fall apart on take-off, so we boarded. (do you call it "boarding" with such a little plane??? I don't know...)


Yes, my co-pilot husband was giddy with delight. I was asked if I would like to be the "co-pilot", but I graciously and very, very eagerly declined. If you don't know me, I am not too fond of a true and absolute HATER of heights. Unlike the males in my immediate family, who loved every minute of the flight...

So he flew us from downtown Grand Rapids, up past our church, over our house and back to the airport. It was a very cool experience, to say the VERY least.
And finally...our pilot. What an experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How COOOOLLLL!!! Man, more power to you, I'd be freakin' out! :) What an amazing experience, I'm sure the boys, all of them, had such a fabulous memorable time! What a great Mama!
Post a Comment