Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lake Michigan in the Winter

These are some pictures from Lake Michigan toward the end of the winter this year. If you look closely, the "beach" is extended a little bit because of the massive Ice-bergs that the snow, in combination with the wind and water have formed.










There were some "brave" people that were actually walking out on the 'bergs. For a couple reasons, these pictures were taken from the window of the van.
Reason #1...It was FREEZING
Reason #2...The wind was blowing, so was the sand. Ouch.
Reason #3...I am not too much of an "adventurer" I just don't want to drown. Now, I know it's probably iced over, but I have this "thing" since I had children. They need me. 'nough said.














Just thought you'd enjoy some wintry pics. Enjoy the fact that winter is almost over!!! Hopefully the next pictures that I post, we will be in shorts or swimsuits at the beach, not hats, gloves and scarves.

No comments: