Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Small updates....

Just thought I'd update on our events since I last "blogged". Not a whole lot new here. No new pics, at least. We are ANXIOUSLY awaiting spring in our household. The boys (and mom) can't wait to get outside to play without dressing like they are in a blizzard. It's coming soon, though...40 degree temps this week (heat wave!!!), and I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong, I love winter. It is very pretty for the 1st month or so, and usually there is some type of a break, however not this year. We have had snow non-stop since about Christmas, oh well. The boys have had a blast sledding in our yard, and building snowmen, and climbing up the big "hill" in our front yard that the nice snowplow left them, so it's been well worth it.

Kaiden is LOVING his preschool days. He has learned so much and had so much fun with his friends and teachers, he can't wait until Tuesdays or Thursdays. Kindergarten will be a much bigger surprise to him in the fall, though because it will be 4 days a week, all day. But knowing him, he will adjust quickly and fall in love with his new routine. Kaiden has also had a fun time playing with his "computers" (anything Leap Frogish), and playing with trains and catching footballs and other balls that daddy throws inside(not one of my favorite games for obvious reasons).

Conner is TRYING to potty train. I gave up about two weeks ago, went to Sam's club and bought a huge box of diapers, and quit trying for a while...or so I thought...Next morning Conner decided to go potty on the potty, and let me know when he needed to. HUGE step. He would always go for me, but it would be a battle to get him on it. Now, he is in "big boy" undies at home, and still doesn't go when we're out, but I'm not complaining...(except for the huge box of diapers that I am now stuck with)...He's also having fun being a "boys-boy". He runs around with Kaiden, "shooting" things, playing with army men, and also trains.

Ken and I are doing great. We thank God for our "mostly" healthy winter. Just some minor colds here and there, but nothing too bad. We are very greatful for the wonderful family that God has blessed us with and are excited to spend time with them as much as possible. Ken is awaiting the golf season impatiently and can't wait to be able to get outside to do something soon, and the boys and I can't wait to go visit and go for our "rides" in the golf carts soon, too. As for me, I'm having fun with my boys at home...trying to be the patient, loving mom that I can...which comes very hard some days, but it is all well worth the occasional frustrations. I am still keeping up my CEUs for nursing, thinking that maybe "someday" I'll be able to return (which just thinking about scares me half to death), but who knows, right?

Sorry for the long update, and I hope you have all had a wonderfully, blessed winter and are anxiously awaiting Spring as we are.

~The Hunts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.