Friday, June 27, 2008

So, it's been a while...

I know, I know...summer is flying by and I've only loaded pics a couple times. We really aren't having a boring summer, even though that's what it looks like. "What are the Hunts doing this summer?...I don't think they're doing anything because they never update..." Well, that's totally the opposite...let me tell you.

This summer has been very eventful...although with this post, I won't be able to update you on pictures or anything like that because one of the places that we have gone is Holland...and that is exactly where my camera has been vacationing since we left...Silly pregnancy brain. Let me start in early May, and I will try to update as to our events as thoroughly as I remember...

May...
We had a garage sale Mother's Day weekend. It went well...Every year I say "I am not having one next year", and then the junk fairy descends on our house, and I always have enough to get rid of the next Spring...How it happens, I'll never know. Conner also had a birthday that weekend. I now have a 3 and a 4 year old. I've always known that "3" is much more terrible than "2", but boy, it's as if Conner had been saving up until that wonderful day to unleash his points of view on the world...and hasn't stopped since. Gotta love the threes!!! I then had a birthday..."28". My, oh my...my twenties are quickly coming to a close...but I'm ready.

Kaiden made it through his first year of school. He is so ready for Kindergarten...although he insists that he is going back to Preschool...Boy will he be surprised when he gets to ride the bus and is gone 4 days a week from 9-3:30. My baby is growing up way too fast!!! He is anxiously awaiting that time...mom, not so much.

June...
We started June off by going to Family Camp in Hastings again this year. What fun that was. Very little sleep for mom, very little sleep for the boys, and a lot and a lot of busyness. It was a lot of fun this year. The weather was actually pretty nice. It was in the mid-upper 80's, and all the tornado watches and severe storms seemed to wait until we were asleep. The boys loved swimming in the lake, playing putt-putt, a hayride, spending time with Gma, Gpa, Uncle Matt and Uncle Nate, as well as our friends from church, Elise, Maryn and Jude. Let me just say that a hayride...in June...in 80 degree temps, not so much fun...I remember why hayrides are always done in the fall with warm clothes...Straw hurts, and It was way too hot...What we do for our children.
Oh, and the food was great...I think I gained about 2 lbs in 3 days...we were definitely fed WELL!

Throughout the month of June, we have also been playing hard outside with our friends. I am so thankful for the amount of friends we have that have invited us over to use their pools, and sprinklers...Kaiden is really getting good at swimming, and Conner is not the water-bug that he was last year...but is also enjoying swimming. We have such wonderful friends, and the boys are finally at an age that is fun and exciting and we are always on the move.

Ken is enjoying his season at the course. It is draining at times, and also very rewarding. He has been able to find time to golf with some guys from our Sunday School class, and get to know some of them a little more this year. We have big summer plans left for the next couple months before baby arrives, Things like...Michigan Adventure, taking the boys to golf (they love the driving range), WhiteCaps game, and whatever else we can find to fill our time...I hope to have pictures up soon... But until then, have a wonderful rest of June, and a Happy 4th of July!!!

~The Hunts




No comments: